Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Bio


My name's Moises. I am twenty-three years old and I want to become a teacher.



Teaching was not my choice of career when I graduated from high school. I attended Keiser University as a business administration major. I received my associates degree and continued my education in Nova Southeastern University. I attended all my classes and received terrific grades until I began to feel discouraged. For two years I attended Nova as a business major before I decided that business was not the career for me.


During those three years I tutored many classes and while I enjoyed it, I realized that many college students were not prepared for college and lacked some necessary information that should have been taught in high school. I was the english tutor, the math tutor, and the history tutor. I realized that tutoring was the reason I was still in school and none of the business classes were providing me with that sense of satisfaction. The satisfaction you get when you teach somebody something and you can tell the exact moment that a light bulb pops in their heads. That's when I decided to do something about it. So I did what any other person with 91 credits in college would do. I decided to leave Nova and change my major to education.


Some people thought I was crazy to change with only 30 credits left for my bachelor. But I feel like I made the best decision possible regarding my future. Now I am a student here in the education program and although I know that I have a long way to go, I have no regrets and I'm only looking forward. I hope that one day I will be able to plant some seeds in a pot of students the same way that my teachers educated me.





No comments:

Post a Comment